Sunday, May 17, 2009
Itinerary Suggestion: Beer tasting
As direct descendants of a notable hops farmer, I was thinking that it would be relatively easy to plan a beer tasting of some Wisconsin micro-brew distributors, which I can supply. What gives me the authority to suggest such an event you might ask? Well, other than being a self-proclaimed "beer snob", I actually have a hops vine growing on the south side of my house, which I inherited from the home's former owner and friend, (author of 'The 50 Best Beers In The World'). I also think that great-great-great grandfather Jesse Cottington would likely give a nodding approval to such an event. So cast aside your Coors Lights, your Bud Lights, and your Miller Genuine Drafts just for one hour of one day and join me. Any thoughts? We can always make this an informal, or unofficial part of the reunion too, as it might be presumptuous to impose my "snobberies" on unwilling participants.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Keith that sounds like a good addition to the pizza dinner and music/dancing for Saturday night. How would the beer be paid for? Are you thinking you'd just buy a few different kinds of beer and whoever wants to try them would pay you for them? Or maybe anyone who wants to can bring a 6-pack or two of their favorite microbrew and you can all trade them. (I don't drink beer, so but I imagine those who do might be interested.) Janie
ReplyDeleteKeith;
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, your blog is wonderfully written. You should be in sales! I'm excited about it, and I too, don't care that much for beer! I like Janie's idea of BYOB for those that want to participate.
My plan is to go directly to some micro-breweries with the hope that they will donate or provide some beer at cost. Of course, I will be playing the 'Jesse Cottington, prominent hops farmer' card, so I'm optimistic that I can get donated beer. If not, I will supply what I can, hopefully with Kent's help, and we will do a suggested donation for beer. People will also be encouraged to bring their own beer for tasting with the same theme in mind: small micro-breweries of lesser known beers, and some bartering can take place. Saturday during the pizza/line dancing activities sounds like a good time.
ReplyDelete