Hello Engelby family!
This is Janie inviting you to participate in the Engelby Family Reunion blog. I started messing with this while I was at Mom (Doris) & Barb's in Phoenix a few weeks ago, and shared the concept with Mary Jo's family when I was in Iowa Easter Sunday. I'm just FINALLY getting around to working on it again. Here's the scoop:
Doris will be sending you all an email (at least if she has your email address she will) to let you know about the blog.
---Congratulations! If you're reading this then you've already received the email and you've found the blog! Bookmark this site so you can stay up to date on the reunion plans.
Each of you can sign up to be a "Follower" of the blog by clicking on the "Follower" button in the upper right side of the page.
---You will have to have an account with one of the four services listed in the window that comes up (google, yahoo, or whatever the other two are).
---Don't worry, signing up for an account with one of these services is easy, if you don't already have one, and it DOESN'T mean that you have change your email or anything like that.
---I encourage you to post your picture and to include the name of the 1st generation sibling you're a connected to in () after your name. Since we add a few people to the family at every reunion, this'll help us all know who's who.
To start with, I'm setting up Doris, Mary Jo, Lee Ann, and myself as "Authors."
---If you want to be an Author, you'll have to let me know so I can add you.
---The only difference between a Follower and an Author, as I understand it, is that authors can add new posts to the blog, and followers can only comment on these posts.
---It doesn't matter to me which you want to be.
---We can have up to 100 authors, so we could make everyone an author if we want to.
I'm going to set up several pages for different aspects of the reunion planning (Preparations at Hooks Point, Food, Lodging, Entertainment, games, Budget---and whatever else anyone thinks we need.)
---If someone would volunteer to be the Author and essentially take charge of discussions related to each of these pages that would be great. Let's spread the work around!
Questions or problems getting started on the blog?
---Contact Janie (email me at jmrohling@gmail.com if you can't contact me through the blog).
---I'm learning as I go, so if there are any experienced bloggers in the family who can help, please let us know!
More to come as soon as we get you all set up to participate!
The reunion's only 10 weeks away, and we've got some great ideas already. We need lots of help to make this another GREAT gathering of the clan!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Official launch of the Engelby Reunion blog---FINALLY!
logistics, food, lodging, entertainment, games,
introduction
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.